About the program
The PlayConnect+ program is open to all children with disability and/or developmental concerns aged 0-6 years (school holiday programs available for 5-8-year-olds), their families, carers and siblings. No diagnosis is required. All sessions will be facilitated by qualified professionals. The PlayConnect+ program is a great way for families to connect, share knowledge, ideas, and have fun! All PlayConnect+ groups will be delivered based on the core characteristics of high-quality playgroups, identified in Playgroup Principles (Australian Institute of Family Studies).
The PlayConnect+ program is FREE and includes:
- Face-to-face weekly, two-hour supported playgroups.*
- Face-to-face weekly, two-hour supported playgroups* in regional/rural/remote areas prioritizing First Nations’ children and families.
- Online playgroups (for regional/rural/remote families and those who cannot attend a face-to-face group).
- Online and face-to-face school holiday sessions for children 5-8 years providing peer support and access to creative arts.
- Facilitation of transitions to other educational settings to support school readiness.
- Holistic family support including information and advice about other disability support services and formal partnerships with local disability services.
*Playgroups will run during term-times for a total of 40 weeks each year.
Online Playgroup Sessions – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Would you like to take part in an online PlayConnect+ session?
These sessions will be interactive and fun – a time for you to connect with other families, engage in play, share stories and gather support. Sessions are due to start in Term Three, we are now taking expressions of interest for these sessions. If you are interested in partaking in an online session, please complete our form below and we will be in contact with further information.
Who Can Attend?
PlayConnect+ groups are open to all children with disability and/or developmental concerns aged 0-8 years, their families, carers and siblings. No diagnosis is required. All sessions will be facilitated by qualified professionals.
Where are the groups held?
PlayConnect+ sessions will be delivered across Victoria in metropolitan, regional and remote locations.
Are you interested in a playgroup? Do you need extra information or have more questions? Please reach out to us using the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.